Date(s) - 02/10/2022
5:30 am - 6:15 am
Site Q - Raven
This boot camp style workout site has it all. Hills, ramps, basketball courts, ball field, steps, playground, open space and a picturesque view of the mighty Maumee. There’s even a giant Black Swamp frog. The possibilities are endless.
One thought on “The Yard (Rossford Marina)”
Backblast for 2/10/22 at the Yard
PAX: Raven, FNG (Easton), Coconut (Q)
Intro: Mission and Core Principles.
THANG: The Meter
Warmup with a little SSH and Imperial walker in cadence
Begin with a mosey to the end of the pier where the workout board was set up (too bad can’t post a picture!), basic idea was a mix of movement along the pier and stationary work at the end.
1) Mosey to the parking lot, Broad-Jump-Burpee the length of the pier (75m)
2) 10 Burpees then mosey to the parking lot and Lunge-Walk the pier
3) 20 merkins then mosey to the parking lot and bear crawl the pier
4) 30 Bonnie Blairs (2 is 1) the mosey to the parking lot and imperial walk the pier
5) 40 American Hammers (2 is 1) then mosey to the parking lot and ape hop the pier
6) 50 plank-jacks, then mosey to the parking lot and crab walk the pier.
–This progression was cut in round 5 to make time for part 2
Part 2. There was still snow on the ground over by the baseball field so we did a bit of a relay thing.
– the ‘sled’ is a towing resistance thing made out of 2×2 lumber and chicken wire. there’s a tow bar and the PAX pulls the thing through the snow behind him…with a cindy in the sled of course. Makes for some decent resistance.
– The other sled was a saucer sled and the pax would essentially do a sliding bear crawl–hands on the sled and feet pumping.
Alternated between towing the cindy sled, holding treehugger, and pushing the sliding sled for half a dozen lengths of the snowfield (about 40meters).
Named the FNG (Wes, from San Jose, CA) Easton as he was raised in Louisville KY, so slugger would be completely inappropriate.
Small group, but no less impactful today. I was honored to lead, and bolstered and inspired by participating!